March 11, 2020
As Salamu Alikum WRWB.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As of March 11th, the number of confirmed cases in NYS is 212 and number of cases in Suffolk County is 7. Based on what is currently known about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), spread from person to person happens most frequently among close contacts specified as within about 6 feet. This type of transmission spreads via respiratory droplets. We recommend that as a community we should be attentive and cautious in protecting ourselves and the community at large from the infection. This situation calls for common sense practices and staying away from panic created by misinformation.
We, at Masjid Noor, are taking all precautionary measures to make sure that proper disinfectant practices are followed to assure safety for all our congregants. We recommend the following,
1. If you are unwell. PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
2. Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer is strongly recommended. Refrain from touching your face to avoid self-contamination.
3. After touching the door knobs, handles or other surfaces, please disinfect your hands.
4. Please make sure not to shake hands and exchange hugs as forms of greetings.
5. When coming to the Masjid for congregational prayers, we strongly encourage you to bring your own prayer rug.
6. Please know that the most vulnerable in our community are our elderly, young, and immuno-compromised
We are still evaluating the situation in the event of Masjid Noor cancelling non-essential programs and activities.
Please refer to the following information regarding COVID19 precautions-